This page contains all information shared with parents with regard to the COVID-19 coronavirus. As the situation is changing so fast, the latest information is the most accurate.
I assure you we will continue to follow all appropriate health measures at school including maintaining cleaning and disinfecting practices and encouraging good hygiene standards. We will also continue to remind people to stay home if they are unwell and to seek medical advice.
Students are expected to be at school on Monday. Monday will be Day 2. We will inform students of the requirements to minimise any risk of infection and also of any changes to routines.
The remainder of this message has been provided by the Ministry of Education. It provides clarification about different levels of contact as well as ways to keep ourselves safe.
Kia ora koutou, Talofa lava With further cases confirmed yesterday, the Government announced that the whole of Auckland will move from Alert Level 1 to Alert Level 3 for 7 days hours from 6am this morning.
This decision was taken for two reasons – first it is not immediately clear how the latest person to test positive got infected and second, that person has visited several large sites while potentially infectious and it will take some time to identify and track down what could be a large number of people.
Level 3 means stay home to protect your household bubble and if you do have to go out, keep a 2-metre distance from people you don’t know. Where possible you should keep your children home from school for this period. The lockdown has meant that Year 9 camps haven't been able to go ahead at this time. I know this will be disappointing but we will look at what can be undertaken at a future date. All students will be provided lessons on Google Classroom by 9.00am tomorrow. We will be open for those of you who have no other options but to send your children to school and we will have safety precautions in place to look after them. We will activate our online learning plan, please click here to download this. Our priority is to stay connected to you and your children. We will do everything we need to for your children and your whānau.
For all of our community, we need to keep ourselves, family and whānau safe. It’s important we follow the rules.
If you aren’t sure if you have been to a place where someone with COVID has visited – please go to the Ministry of Health website for the ‘Locations of Interest’. Check the date and time of each location listed in the table and if you were there at the same time, go to the right column on the right to see what you need to do.
Look after yourselves. We will endeavour to keep you updated through this medium.
Ngā mihi nui
As you may have heard in the 4.30pm announcement the Covid response level will be reduced in Auckland to Level 2 from midnight tonight and schools will be open for all students from tomorrow (Thursday 18th February). Thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to unite against COVID-19.
Our move down alert levels provides all of us with certainty that it is safe for all children and young people to physically attend school. Your children’s learning, health and wellbeing is important to us – it will be good for them to get back into the school routine.
Students are expected to be at school tomorrow. We will inform them of the requirements to minimise any risk of infection and also of any changes to routines.
For your information, tomorrow (Thursday) will be Day 4. Friday will also be Day 4 because Athletic Sports has had to be postponed. The college will follow non-Thursday bell times tomorrow as we will not run assemblies. Parent/Form Teacher/Student conferencing and the Year 9 Parent Evening have been postponed. We will let you know when alternative meetings will take place.
Hopefully disruption to learning has been minimised through online learning. We look forward to the students returning.
As the college is informed of changes to lockdown levels at the same time as the general public we are unable to clarify when students will be able to return to school. We will post information about either returning to school or the organisation for continued online learning as soon as practicable after the 4.30pm briefing today. If the alert level is reduced to Level 2 the college will be open from the first day advised in the announcement.
© 2021 Glendowie College. All Rights Reserved.